Dick Guldstrand and Corvettes have been closely related for almost 40 years. For three years–1963, 1964 and 1965–Dick won the Pacific Coast Championship. In 1964, he won the Southern Pacific Championship and was named the regional SCCA Driver of the Year. In 1966, he won the GT class at Daytona.
He drove the legendary Corvette Grand Sport for Roger Penske at Sebring the following year and, in addition, won three Trans-Am races.
Dick’s real interest is in engineering, however. In 1968, he opened his own race car design and fabrication business specializing in Corvettes. Dick still operates his shop located in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California.
Dick Guldstrand is available for personal appearances and merchandising. Contact Race Legends for details.
Career Summary for Dick Gulstrand
– Pacific Coast Champion – 1963, 1964 & 1965
– 1964 California Sports Car Club Driver of the Year
– 1966 Daytona 24 Hours GT Class Winner
– Drove the Penske Grand Sport Corvette at 12 Hours of Sebring
– First to Build, Race and Win a Camaro in Trans Am
– 3 Trans Am Victories in 1967